Shoppers expect eCommerce companies to understand their needs and expectation while doing online shopping. They prefer buying from an online store that offers them a personalized experience. Hyper-localization is one of the best ways to engage today’s’ shoppers and leverage personalization.
What is hyper-localization?
Also known as extremely targeted personalization, hyper-localization is a creation of content that is based on specific data, and how shoppers are searching and buying products, considering the region and city level, as well. Localization is taken to the next level by using more layers of personalization.
Why is hyper-localization important?
When you use hyper-localization, localization is taken to a different level by using personalization at the next level. Hyper-localizing your offerings and content provide your brand with a strong competitive advantage. You have to put yourself into the shoes of the customer to better understand the needs of the customers and facilitate the bond that arises between a brand and its customers.
When shoppers feel that you are actually listening to them, know their requirements and provide them with excellent customer experience, they are likely to convert. You can do this by offering unique promotions or coupon codes that are specific to regions or cities. It’s extremely necessary for you to leverage hyper-localization to drive value to your company in this competitive ecommerce environment.
Best Practices of Hyper-localization
Depending on your business model, the products and services you offer, the kind of potential audience you want to capture, hyper-localization can take various forms.
To help you get started, here are some best practices of hyper-localization
- On each page of your website, use unique content that is broken down based on country, state, and region. Make use dialect, wherever applicable. Doing so will resonate with your target audience more and give a boost to your SEO, as well.
- Collect data of your customers to offer personalized customer experience and give them a feeling of comfortability and ease. You can even install a chatbot on your local site to collect names of customers and offer customer service round the clock.
- Creating local landing pages that are unique can be a useful strategy to make better your marketing efforts. It will make the local customers aware of your business. Such strategy provides the best result when they are detailed, well-crafted and customized.
- Discussion about hyper-localization would remain incomplete without mentioning mobile. As a large percentage of shoppers use mobile devices to indulge in online shopping, it has become more than important to make your website responsive and provide a seamless experience while browsing products and placing orders.
- Gain the trust of local customers and make them connect with you by letting them know about the services you are offering to serve the local community.
- Sharing success stories of your local customers are most likely to make other customers feel more confident that your business is a legitimate one. The positive experiences of local customers can help you drive better traffic and conversions.